Our Mission is to help you Navigate the Healthcare System
We understand that health care is complex and often confusing. Our Nurse Navigator is a highly trained registered nurse and is your personal guide and a partner in health – someone who will treat you like an individual, help identify your specific health needs, assist with scheduling of procedures and recommend appropriate services to help you achieve your optimal health. By assisting in health screenings, providing each woman with the educational resources she needs and facilitating referrals, the Nurse Navigator gives much needed guidance throughout every step of your healthcare experience.
Our Mission is to help patients, families and friends NAVIGATE through the medical maze.
We help identify needs, evaluate potential options, and help find solutions to will give the patient the best quality of life. Our nurses will intervene on behalf of you and your family.
The Nurse Navigator’s primary responsibilities are to ease the burden on patients and their families and to help coordinate the efforts of the medical team. In this role, they will help you:
– Understand your diagnosis and available treatment options
– Voice any questions or concerns with your doctors and other health care team members
– Make referrals and/or schedule appointments
– Understand your medications
– Connect with Legacy and community resources for family support
– Discuss financial concerns you may have and connect you to appropriate resources